Graphical Catalog Access

Kevin C. Marsh KMarsh at Information.org
Tue Sep 17 12:26:45 EDT 1996

Charles Gambrell wrote:
>Our library in in the process of upgrading our computer system and as
>part of the upgrade we want to provide internet access to our catalog.
>We use Unicorn by SIRSI running on an RS-6000.  The catalog is Z39.50
>compliant.  My questions are:
>
>(1) Have you installed SIRSI's WebCat, and if so, what is you experience
>with it?
>(2) What other graphical "front-ends" could we add to our system?

What about a custom Web form that collects a query and hands it off to a CGI
script that acts as a Z39.50 client?  See
http://europagate.dtv.dk/wwwgate.html for one example.

Kevin C. Marsh, Executive Director
Information Access Institute
KMarsh at Information.org     http://Information.org