Netscape cache -Reply

Frank Cervone fcervone at wppost.depaul.edu
Wed Sep 11 11:08:59 EDT 1996

This is a problem in older versions of Netscape, but it has been fixed in
Netscape 3.0.

Frank Cervone
Assistant Director for Systems
DePaul University Libraries
2350 North Kenmore
Chicago, IL 60614
312.325.7000 ext. 1114
312.325.7869 (fax)

>>> S. M. S. <ssansenb at delnet.net> 09/10/96 04:25pm >>>
At 09:11 PM 9/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I didnt mean that loading previous pages locked up the
>cache--what I mean was that with the cache already full, new
>pages are impossible to load.

>This contradicts everything I've ever heard or read about
>Netscape or other programs that use caches, and it also
>violates good sense and my own experience.  >

You would think this answer is correct - but it is not, if Netscape is on a
PC. We often have to delete cache because if we do not, Netscape
refuses to run.