Hot Dog Pro: hot or dog?

emiller at SMTPGWY.ISINET.COM emiller at SMTPGWY.ISINET.COM
Fri Sep 20 14:56:16 EDT 1996

     I have been using the 16-bit version of HotDog Pro for months now.  I
     have never had to call for service (perhaps because I am using the
     16-bit version - even under Windows 95 which I just installed).
     Understand that the CD-ROM is available in North America through
     Anawave software and they offer technical support for registered
     users.

     I know there were some problems with Sausage for a while - but they
     were massively understaffed (they even had problems getting our
     invoice straight).  But they seem to have ramped up the staffing...
     and, since we were able to get additional copies locally, we have
     opted for the Anawave solution.

     Elisa
     Elisa Miller                            "Whatever you can do or
     Institute for Scientific Information    dream you can, begin it.
     3501 Market Street                      Boldness has genius, power
     Philadelphia, Pa 19104                  and magic in it."
     (215)386-0100 x 1395                                   Goethe
     emiller at isinet.com
     URL - http://www.isinet.com

Subject: Hot Dog Pro: hot or dog?
Author:  rviolett at socialaw.com at INTERNET
Date:    9/20/96 1:53 PM

Dear Webmeisters,

In the discussion of a couple days ago regarding HTML editors, several
people mentioned Hot Dog Professional.

Several months ago, I downloaded the demo of the 16-bit version and was
impressed with its ease of use and functionality. Unfortunately, I
couldn't afford the price of purchase at the time, and I also wanted to
wait for the 32-bit version.

Since then, I have heard extremely mixed reactions to the 32-bit
release, including a fair number of complaints about support (or lack
thereof) from Sausage Software.

I use HotMetal at work (which I dislike), and an ancient version of HTML
Assistant at home (so outdated it's perfect for "real men do their own
HTML coding" types ;-{)> ), and would like to revisit Hot Dog Pro as my
main HTML program.

Does anybody have any true-life stories? Is Hot Dog Pro hot ... or a
dog?

--Rich.V.

--
Richard J. Violette    | 1200 Court House           | "He chose to be
Catalog Librarian I    | Boston MA 02108            | rich, by making