Web tool vs. straight HTML

Real Rodrigue Rodrigue.Real at uqam.ca
Wed Sep 18 12:24:30 EDT 1996

Hi.

I am Webmaster at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal Library. I work on
a Macintosh, and I currently use both NetScape Gold 3.0 and AOLPress,
two WYSIWYG editors. Since I have begun using them, I haven't been
forced to edit any HTML code: all my work has been done right into the
editors.

Prior to that, I was using World Wide Web Weaver, and I still keep it in
case I would be compelled to edit the HTML code (even though, from what
I have seen, such editing would be so minor that a simple word processor
like BBEdit or WORD would be sufficient).

However, while I intend to recommend WYSIWYG editors to the librarians
here who make WEB pages, I am still convinced that knowing HTML code is
a big plus; and for Webmasters, I believe that it is a "sine qua non".

--
 _________________
|                 |   Real Rodrigue
|     *** *** *** |   Services informatises
|    *** *** ***  |   Service des bibliotheques
|   *** *** ***   |   Universite du Quebec a Montreal
|  *** *** ***    |   Tel.: 514-987-3000 poste / extension 4554
|         ***     |   FAX : 514-987-7787
|        ***      |   Courrier electronique / E-Mail :
|_________________|         Rodrigue.Real at UQAM.CA

Page personnelle / Home page :
     http://www.er.uqam.ca/nobel/g17176/Real.html