Web tool vs. straight HTML

Anne Prestamo prestam at okway.okstate.edu
Wed Sep 18 13:22:06 EDT 1996

     Rebecca -

     I've done alot of "straight" HTML work with Notepad, pico, etc., but
     have also used a variety of HTML editors.  My personal feeling is the
     tool depends on what I'm doing.  If it's a quick few changes, I'll
     edit on the server using pico.  If it's major changes, particulary the
     same change to many pages, an editor can speed up the job
     considerably.  my current, personal favorite is HotDog Pro.  It's
     allows you to make "global" updates (find & replace) to groups of
     pages all at once.  A quick and powerful tool, but sometimes
     dangerous.

     Info on HotDot is available at:

        http://www.sausage.com          -or-
        http://www.tucows.com

     Anne Prestamo, Reference Librarian ||Phone:              (405)744-6309
     Science & Engineering Division     ||
     Edmon Low Library                  ||Web: http://www.uwm.edu/~annepres
     Oklahoma State University          ||E-mail: prestam at okway.okstate.edu
     In the beginning, there was The Word.  And The Word was CHOCOLATE.
     And it was good.   Confections 1.5 oz., 240 cal.