Telnet apps for Netscape/WIN95 setup

Peter Farris pfarris at itsa.ucsf.EDU
Tue Sep 10 11:24:17 EDT 1996

When we set up our public access terminals in my library (well, when I set
them up...), I tested about a dozen telnet apps. The one I was happiest with
was Netterm 3.0.1, 32-bit version. I was looking for software that would
allow various printing options, as well as session logging, and that was
32-bit specific. Netterm also has VT220 capability. The only downside I've
seen for users is that I haven't been able to configure it to use local echo
only for certain hosts (rather than globally), but that's a minor
consideration in the light of some of the dross I came across.

I would suggest testing a few programs, though, just to see what works best
in your environment.