Telnet apps for Netscape/WIN95 setup

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Mon Sep 9 15:31:31 EDT 1996

I'd say WinQVT 3.98 's Telnet client offers the best solution IMO for
public access workstations-- it doesn't offer too many menus for the user
to fiddle with (you can write-protect the settings file to fix them
permanently too), it has a no-clutter interface (no button toolbar to get
in the way), has a right-on emulation for vt100, vt220 and ANSI, and can
be run from Netscape via its TNSTART.EXE 'helper' app.

The minus side is that it must always be running in the background;
TNSTART only communicates to WinQVT that it should launch its telnet
client.

If you use Flute to hide the Program Manager and other windows, it's pretty
bullet-proof. (see the web4lib ref. center, "Netscape Timeout for
Windows").

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _