More on electronic reserves -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Fri Sep 6 13:43:15 EDT 1996

Hmmm.  I read Crews' notes and was rather appalled.  I am not a
scaredy-cat, but I *am* a published author--a perspective
completely ignored by Judge Merrick, Crew, and everyone else
mentioned in Crews' notes; they focus on the professor, the
students, the publisher... but what about the author?

I would be truly horrified if people thought it was ok to
systematically photocopy entire books or articles I have written
for entire classes.  Law or no law, that's not fair.  I have a right to
earn a living by the sweat of my brow.  Any solutions we come up
with need to take that in account.

Karen G. Schneider
opinions mine alone

>>> Brian Nielsen <b-nielsen at nwu.edu> 09/05/96 09:46pm >>>

"Take heart by looking at Kenny Crews' notes on the last MDS
hearing at http://www.iupui.edu/it/copyinfo/mdshrg.html  and start
writing your congressperson to tell him/her to not mess with the
76 law."