Packard Bell commercial -Reply

Richard J. Violette rviolett at socialaw.com
Thu Oct 31 08:48:19 EST 1996

Dear WEB4LIBns,

For those librarians who feel that their image needs a little, "medicine
for the soul" after enduring the humiliations of the PB commercial, may
I direct you to the following site:

	http://www.dra.com/library/oughtta.htm

You will find here a list of movies in which librarians play key roles.
My fave: DESK SET, in which the reference librarians (including
Katharine Hepburn and Joan Blondell) buy their gowns at Bonwit's, while
the automation expert is depicted with the bun and horn-rimmed glasses.
Least appealing: IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE, where James Stewart reaches his
low point when he sees that, if he had never been around, Donna Reed
never marries and becomes the <gasp!> town librarian (we all know damn
well she would've married Sam Wainright!).

Sorry to sound frivolous, but a bit of levity seemed to be sorely needed
at this point ...

--Rich.V.

--
Richard J. Violette    | 1200 Court House           | "He chose to be
Catalog Librarian I    | Boston MA 02108            | rich, by making