Packard Bell commercial -Reply

Robert H. Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Thu Oct 31 09:44:14 EST 1996

Hi all,

Just a short note about this.  With all the time and effort this group
spends  discussing technical and other issues about how to best provide
information via the WWW, are we not the professionals the little girl is
depending upon ?   Agreed, the PB Library scene was in poor taste, but we
all deserve a pat on the back for being responsive to the new medium.
All PB is attempting to sell is a machine (with somewhat of a low status
in that field), we are the other hand deal with the complex issues of
content and organization.  Point, consider the self serving source and
most importantly our unselfish accomplishments.

Turn the lights on PB, read our archives, and see what real libraries are
doing.  Without us, there would be little quality
information/organization on the adhoc information highways.

Bob Terry
http://rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus/