Turning off animation?

Erwin Wodarczak ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Oct 30 19:44:43 EST 1996

Is there any way to turn off animated GIFs - i.e. de-animate them - i.e.
KILL THEM???

99% of them are only cute the first time.  Afterwards, not only are they
annoying, but their constant re-loading seems to interfere with anything
else I want to do while viewing the document in question.

I'm using Netscape 2 at the moment, by the way.

Erwin Wodarczak - Records Analyst / Archivist
UBC Library - Special Collections and University Archives Division
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Tel: (604)822-5877   Fax: (604)822-9587

We do precision guesswork based on vague assumptions and unreliable data
of dubious accuracy