Packard Bell commercial -Reply

Linda Hyman lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu
Wed Oct 30 14:03:17 EST 1996

>...  What is really
>needed is a good marketing campaign for libraries on the same
>level as marketing campaigns for computers.  Maybe we could
>get ALA to ditch its dreary  "Read" campaign and spend money
>on, say, a  commercial showing someone rapidly losing hair while
>trying to search the Internet, followed by a visit to the Good
>Angel Librarian

I agree 100 percent.  I will be the first to send $5 to that ad campaign!
That "visit" to the librarian could take place physically, online, or
through videoconferencing.

Linda Woods Hyman-Education First Initiative
Pacific Bell/San Diego State University
Dept. of Educational Technology
San Diego  CA  92182  (619) 594-4414
e-mail:  lhyman at mail.sdsu.edu