Packard Bell commercial

Jason L. Ng jng at pointcast.com
Wed Oct 30 14:35:37 EST 1996

Yes, I sense that "fear of change" in many articles on this thread too.
I had originally assumed that it was just a reaction to libraries being
protrayed negatively, or of libraries going the way of dinosaurs.

Well, libraries won't go away (many users, such as myself, love books),
and as for the negative image, berating PB is marginally helpfull if
users already have that image in our heads.

Users aren't going to view libraries poorly because of that ad, but more
so from overall accessibility and quality of service offered..

    jason, who has nice memories of the Urbana, Illinois town library..