Web launched CD-ROM

morganj at indyunix.iupui.edu morganj at indyunix.iupui.edu
Mon Oct 28 14:48:48 EST 1996

CD's have been networked to multiple users at least since '89.  The
problem is the software on the cds is written for pc and/or mac use, not
for web browser use.  As soon as the software producers redo their search
software you'll be able to read the disks directly on the net.

It should be noted, however that the makeover of the software is not
trivial.  We've recently mounted the Ovid cds on the web, and I understand
Silver Platter is developing a web interface to its cds.

Jim Morgan
morganj at indyunix.iupui.edu