WinFrame (Was: NetPCs)

David Risner drisner at swlaw.edu
Fri Oct 25 19:16:29 EDT 1996

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Grace Agnew wrote:

> Citrix WinFrame is a very good solution for several disparate needs:
>
> 1.  You want to provide web browsers at remote sites over low bandwidth (56
> KB or less).  Citrix delivers near-LAN speeds, even at 28.8

This is mostly true except in the case of animated GIFs and java applets.
With your modem, you download the applet or animated GIF and it does its
thing.  Citrix has to keep re-drawing it over and over.  I put a little Java
banner applet on our home page and had a few complaints about that...

David G. Risner -- Network Services Administrator
Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA
E-mail: drisner at swlaw.edu