making databases Web-accessible

Stephen G Washko S_WASHKO at Mail.Co.Chester.PA.US
Fri Oct 25 18:57:37 EDT 1996

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make databases
Web-accessible?

In the Chester County Library System we have 17 member libraries
in a federated system.  We want to create a troubleshooting
database so that staff at all of the libraries can submit their
requests for help with hardware and software problems to a
database on an NT server at the main library using a Web form.
We would like the network administrator to automatically get an
e-mail saying that another problem request has been submitted to
the database.  We would also like to be able to run reports from
the database listing high-priority items, all problems at a
certain library, etc.

We are at the beginning stages of investigating how to do this.
Does anyone have experience with such products as Cold Fusion,
DBWeb, the Internet Database Connector feature of Microsoft's
Internet Information Server, or any other product we might not be
aware of?

Thanks in advance,
Steve Washko
Information Systems Administrator
Chester County Library and District Center
s_washko at mail.co.chester.pa.us