Adobe Acrobat -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Oct 22 15:41:54 EDT 1996

Actually, I should have read the first post more thoroughly.  I
alluded to the idea that you shouldn't take on what you can't
support.  I can't speak for another institution's plans or
circumstances, but it seems like a *very* good idea to inventory
capability before commiting to a level of service you may not be
able to adequately support . However, sometimes the unexpected
popularity of a service means we are pressing into use computers
that would otherwise be used for less demanding tasks--and it is
also true that technology is creating demands that most purchasing
schedules would fain to keep up with...

K. Schneider/opinions mine alone