Search Reopened: DEPUTY NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR

Ellen Sleeter, M.A.I.N. Administrator SLEETER at main.morris.org
Thu Oct 17 20:06:07 EDT 1996

          DEPUTY NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR [search reopened]
          Morris Automated Information Network
          Morris County, NJ

          Description of Duties:
               The Deputy, reporting to the Network
          Administrator, will (1) assist in managing
          implementation projects; (2) evaluate database
          maintenance and cataloging workflow, practices, costs;
          (3) assume primary responsibility for assimilating and
          evaluating DRA application modules, particularly as DRA
          launches client/server apps;  (4) manage evolution of
          MOREnet gopher into M.A.I.N. web site.

          Required:
               ALA-accredited Masters.  Min 2 yrs exp supporting
          library automation apps in a large public library or
          library consortium.  Exp conducting requirements
          analyses and writing specs for automation-related
          services.  Min 1 yr exp in cataloging using an
          automated system.  Exp launching and supporting
          Internet client SW and utilities.  Excellent electronic
          and verbal communications skills.  Demonstrated
          commitment to customer service.

          Highly Desirable:
               Hands-on experience in one or more of following:
          DRA, DEC OpenVMS and DCL, formal project management,
          structured systems analysis, general database
          design/publishing/management, TCP/IP.

               Compensation will be competitive, with excellent
          benefits, including membership in Federal Credit Union
          and tax-deferred investment plan.

               Position available immediately.  Candidate
          evaluation in reopened search begins November 8 and
          continues until position is filled.  Send resume with
          cover letter explaining pertinent qualifications,
          together with full contact information for 3 references
          to:
               Ellen Sleeter, Network Administrator
               M.A.I.N. Network Services
               PO Box 900
               Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
               fax: 201-989-6109
               Info only:  sleeter at main.morris.org

          Prior applicants desiring reconsideration:  send email
          to SLEETER.

| ELLEN L. SLEETER                                                         |
| Network Administrator/Division Head, County of Morris, New Jersey        |
| Morris Automated Information Network (M.A.I.N.)                          |