Job changes response

Evan St. Lifer STLIFER at LJ.CAHNERS.COM
Tue Oct 15 11:02:06 EDT 1996

Just wanted to thank many of you for your quick and enthusiastic
response to our query for people to talk to for the Nov. 15 feature in
Library Journal on how surging technology as well as economic
constraints are altering the fundamental job structure in libraries. Judging
by the scope and tenor of your response, this is an issue that begs to be
explored and chronicled in-depth.

If I haven't contacted you yet, not to worry, either I or Norman Oder, an
LJ editor who is helping me with the research, will contact you in the
next couple of days, hopefully by week's end, the latest (depending on
how much more responses I receive). We are interested in hearing about
how your job has evolved, your perceptions about what you do, and
what the future prospects are for you and your career. If anyone else is
interested in responding, it's still not too late, despite our tight deadlines.
You can contact me via phone
(212-463-6817, I can call you back so you don't have to pay for the call)
or email <stlifer at lj.cahners.com>. If you do call and get my voicemail,
please leave a time (or times) when you know you'll be available to talk
for about 15 minutes or so.

Again thank you for your interest,

Evan St. Lifer
Senior Editor