Question on Web Image Map

Bob Long bob at mail.esrl.lib.md.us
Fri Oct 11 23:33:09 EDT 1996

Wendy:

It sounds like the problem is with your frame and anchor tags, not the image
map. Make sure your link (anchor tag) points to whatever name you gave to
the main frame. Your frame tags should look something like:

<frameset cols=100,*>
        <frame src="left_column.html">
        <frame src="right_column.html" name="main">
</frameset>

Then you would include the 'target="main"' attribute in your anchor tag...
your image map, just the    href="newpage.html" target="main" in the map tag.
You are using client side mapping, right?

        The best advice would be to take a hard look at your page and try to
find another way to design it without using frames.
        Frames only work well in very few situations. Home pages are not one
of them. Try it, I'll bet you come up with something better.

Bob Long
Eastern Shore Regional Library, Inc.
http://www.esrl.lib.md.us/