text browser availability for "primitive" PCs?

Grace Garbe ggarbe at uspto.gov
Mon Oct 7 15:57:17 EDT 1996

Yes, there are DOS versions of Lynx (which was originally developed at U.
Kansas).  Lynx was developed for use on VAX and UNIX machines, so if your
patron has a shell account somewhere he probably already has Lynx access by
typing "Lynx" at the shell prompt.

A quick search in Infoseek Ultra yields the following sites:

	1. DOS System requirements -
ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/DosLynx/readme.htm#Introduction
	2. ftp site for downloading -
ftp://ftp2.cc.ukans.edu/pub/WWW/DosLynx/
	3. A list of DOS Web Browsers -
http://alfredo.wustl.edu/~hugh/dos-www.html

Personally, I would rather disable the graphics in Netscape than put up
with the convoluted way Lynx works.

Grace Garbe
Garcia Consulting, Inc.