Scenarios for WebMaster Interviews

Eve Ruff eruff at fred.fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 29 15:53:59 EST 1996

At the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, we are in the
process of recruiting a Managing Editor for our Center-Wide Information
Network (as many of you may have seen in our recent position posting).

While a quasi- "webmaster", in a technical sense, the successful candidate
will have to juggle a number of not necessarily compatible roles: public
relations, outreach, education for diverse audiences.  He/she will be
called upon to present in educational settings such as a training
laboratory, an auditorium, or in small group meetings.

For these reasons, we'd like our interview process to incorporate a
"presentation" of sorts - to demonstrate the candidates abilities to handle
themselves in front of an audience, to clearly explain a concept or address
an issue, to react to scenarios, and to answer questions.

***If any of you have experience with a process similar to this, I'm
looking for a few suggested topics or formats for this "presentation"
component.*** Please send your ideas directly to me and I would be glad to
summarize for the list.  Any other advice on this component of our
interview process is welcome.

Eve M. Ruff, M.S.
Director, Arnold Library
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center