Changing Conception of Libraries and Role of Librarians

C. W. Tazewell cwt at exis.net
Fri Oct 18 22:21:01 EDT 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 19:07:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Donna Mandel <dmandel at igc.apc.org>
To: "C. W. Tazewell" <cwt at infi.net>
Subject: Re: research request

I am writing a research paper on the changing conception of libraries and
the role of librarians.  I am looking for sources (especially journal
articles.)

I particularly need information on what the original purpose and function of
libraries were seen to be in the U.S. and how that has changed over the
years -- up to the present with all the technological changes.

Do you have articles/books to suggest?  Or if not, would you know who I
should ask these questions of?

Thanks for your help.

Forwarded by:

             "One of the best web sites in cyberworld"

                 The Hampton Roads Central Library
             (You don't drive to it; you point to it.)
                Your *REASON* to have the Internet
Front Entrance                E A S Y   L I N K S - Your WWW Hotlist
http://www.infi.net/~cwt/     http://www.infi.net/~cwt/easylink.html