Z39.50 WWW Client for Notis

Stan Furmanak furmanak at lvc.edu
Mon Oct 14 10:42:39 EDT 1996

David-

There is a demo WebZ gateway up and running at OCLC
(http://cypress.dev.oclc.org:8000) which allows searching WRLC, a Notis
site which is a consortium of libraries in Washington, D.C., Brown
University (Innopac), North Carolina State Univ (DRA), and Denver P.L.,
(CARL) as well as select demo FirstSearch dbs. In the case of WRLC, local
holdings records are supported i.e. Location, Call Number, and item status.

BookWhere is a PC/Windows Z39.50 client which has a host file that includes
a bunch of Notis Z39.50 server sites. A eval copy is available for
downloading.

http://www.netjobs.com:8000/seachange/bookweb.htm

Stan Furmanak
Systems Librarian