C/S processing styles

Stan Furmanak furmanak at lvc.edu
Tue Oct 8 15:48:18 EDT 1996

Mack-

The following is from the c/s faq at http://www.abs.net/~lloyd/csfaq.txt.
For a detailed explanation of each style, see the complete faq. Hope this
helps.

***

Subject: 3.3 What are the different client/server processing styles?
From: Ravi Kalakota <kalakota at uhura.cc.rochester.edu>

Gartner group came out with the five ways of describing the different c/s
styles based on how they split the three components of any application:
user interface, business or application logic, data management. The five
styles are distributed presentation, remote presentation,  distributed
function, remote data management, and distributed data management.

(Note: This is an arbitary classification and others may do it differently)

***

Stan Furmanak
Systems and Reference Librarian
Lebanon Valley College