A Reason Not to Use IE Explorer?

David S. Vaughan dsvaughn at wentworth.region.library.on.ca
Mon Nov 25 09:33:02 EST 1996

----------
From: 	JQ Johnson[SMTP:jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu]
Sent: 	Monday, November 25, 1996 9:09 AM
To: 	Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 	Re: A Reason Not to Use IE Explorer?

Will
ActiveX drive us all to switch to Windows NT?

Another MS plot against us? :-)

To my mind it's an argument for using Netscape on public access machines (at least until they start incorporating ActiveX).  However, if you can afford NT on large numbers of workstations, it could certainly be an argument for doing so.

For the moment, I have my copy of IE3.01 set for high security and am disabling as much I can while still giving myself the option to play around a bit with some of the new active content that's out there.

David

David S. Vaughan, Systems Librarian     905-546-4126 (phone)
  Wentworth Libraries                               905-522-9083 (fax)
  Hamilton, Ont., Canada                        dsvaughn at wentworth.region.library.on.ca