illegal operation

BryanTyson at aol.com BryanTyson at aol.com
Thu Nov 21 18:09:49 EST 1996

In a message dated 96-11-20 11:05:00 EST, Shawn J.P. West writes:

<< i found if i have it open most of the day bouncing from site to site there
 are times when i have to reboot the machine to avoid this memory leak.
 there is probably a more technical answer this is just my observation. >>

Like Shawn, I have seen that this is much more likely to occur in Win 3.x
than in Win95. In my experience, both the 16 bit and 32 bit Netscape are
quite trouble free in Win95.

Try rebooting the PC once or twice during the day. Another thing you can do
is go to Help / About in Windows 3.x. It will tell you what % of resources
are free. It is quite revealing to check this a few times during the day. You
might be surprised how much it drops. A reboot of course gets you those lost
resources back.

Bryan S. Tyson
Tech. Svcs. Dept.
J.S. Mack Library