Position postings

stone bstone at imcpl.lib.in.us
Mon Nov 18 12:48:05 EST 1996

One serious problem with hiring pure techs in libraries is the attitude
these folks ocasionally bring to the organization. They often dont take the
time or resposibility to explain the reasons for their proposed technical
solutions. It's as if not techs are not smart enough to understand. My
experience is that this problem is most prominent at academic institutions.
In a well run business, this type of behavior is not tolerated.

I am a non librarian, technical manager at a Public library.

Brian