Intelligent Agents/Really Work?

RBerkman at aol.com RBerkman at aol.com
Fri Nov 15 16:03:04 EST 1996

(Cross posted to BUSLIB--apologies for any duplication)

November 14, 1996

I'd  be grateful to hear from anyone whose been using an intelligent
agent/news filter (eg InfoSage, NewsPage, Farcast, etc.) who can give me your
opinion on this question:

Is using it actually allowing you to accomplish your goal, which is likely to
be: to efficiently obtain targeted news that you otherwise would miss or need
to spend more time finding. (Or, at the minimum, making you *feel* like
you're doing a better job in monitoring your areas of interest)--

OR is what they are delivering to you just adding to your sense of
information overload?

Thanks,

Bob Berkman
Editor