Online Reference

Sally Patrick spatrick at slcpl.slcpl.lib.ut.us
Fri Nov 15 14:01:01 EST 1996

Dear Fellow Public Library Websters-

The Salt Lake City Public Library has enjoyed the overwhelming
public response to our Web site:
http://slcpl.lib.ut.us.

It has been gratifying to see new patrons accessing our internet
pc's and our old patrons finding an expanded world on the WWW.

Along with many other evolutionary refinements, we would like to
look into the provision of online reference for patrons who
access our site.  We realize this has the potential of being an
overwhelming prospect, but we'd at least like to test the waters.

For those of you who provide such an online reference/e-mail
response service off your web page or have looked into it we would greatly
appreciate your perspective and comments.  A short description of
the electronic reference service you provide, how you distribute
queries and what the public response has been would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for your comments and support!

Sally M. Patrick, Training Coordinator
Salt Lake City Public Library
(801) 524-8273
spatrick at slcpl.slcpl.lib.ut.us