Business and Tech Knowledge BOTH Needed!

Alex Fayle alex_fayle at oma.org
Fri Nov 15 12:18:13 EST 1996

     I'm beginning to get a sense that we have an either or situation
     happening. The other viewpoint I'm seeing is that ALL the skills
     needed must be in ONE person.

     I thought the 90s were all about team work, knowledge sharing, and
     cooperation. Personally, I'm not a techie, or a librarian (I'm a
     records manager, btw), but know enough to know when to approach the
     other people I work with (the techies and librarians), when I find
     myself out of my depth (as I would be with MARC records <shudder> or
     C++ <another shudder>). I would also expect (and they do) the techies
     and the librarians to come to me with questions about records
     management (electronic or paper), which they surely encounter in their
     day to day activities.

     Alex Fayle
     Records Analyst
     Ontario Medical Association