Weird ads showing up in web pages

John J. Burke U536A at wvnvm.wvnet.edu
Fri Nov 15 09:04:41 EST 1996

Jennifer,

I had the same sort of thing happen this morning with Netscape 2.0.  One of
our library pages (which we use as the home page on our public workstations)
kept coming up with parts of another (non library) page plastered over it.  I
could go anywhere else on our library page except for this particular page, and
the pages displayed fine.  After a lot of experimentation, I cleared the Memory
and Disk Caches, and the page displayed as it should.  Hope this helps!

John

John J. Burke, MSLS | Librarian | Instructor | Internet Trainer | Author
Ruth Ann Musick Library, Fairmont State College, Fairmont, WV  26554-2489
E-mail:  u536a at wvnvm.wvnet.edu | Homepage:  http://wvnvm.wvnet.edu/~u536a
Need a textbook for your Internet training?  How about PowerPoint slides
for a presentation?  See my homepage to order _Learning the Internet:  A
Workbook for Beginners_ (Neal-Schuman, 1996) and the accompanying slides.