need a tiff viewer

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Tue Nov 12 17:01:41 EST 1996

Re Katharina Klemperer's request for a good viewer...

Check out ACDSee, a straightforward, simple, FAST shareware viewer.  I
mean fast, in that it's speedy real-time viewing, not the "decoding,
decoding, decoding..." wait for some products.  You can select dozens,
hundreds of images to view, from directory listings; you can delect
selected items; you can copy or move items you've selected; etc.

Shareware available at lots of places.  Contact them at:
E-Mail	acdshare at pinc.com

WEB	http://vvv.com/acd
	http://www.acdsys.com

FTP	ftp://dataflux.bc.ca/pub/acd
	ftp://ftp.servtech.com/pub/users/acdsys/

I quote features from their help file.

"ACDsee is the only image viewer that gives you all these great
features:

*	attractive, effective and easy-to-use interface, including toolbars,
status bars and on-line help
*	support for most BMP, GIF, JPEG, PCX, Photo-CD, PNG, TGA and TIFF
files
*	rapid JPEG decoding
*	fast, full-colour image previews
*	file system browser front end lets you quickly browse through your
images and other files
*	image display during decoding process
*	selectable dithering modes for high quality output
*	fast scrolling and zooming, even during decoding process
*	innovative system for deleting, renaming, copying and moving files
*	support for document launching, editing and printing via file
associations
*	powerful file association editor
*	facility for viewing & editing 4DOS descriptions
*	drag-and-drop support for single and multiple files
*	automatic or manual slideshow with optional read-ahead decompression
*	always-on-top and full-screen viewing window options
*	shrink image to fit  window or screen option
*	print capability
*	optional single-instance mode makes ACDSee the perfect viewer for use
as a helper application
*	set the desktop wallpaper"