small library automation

Stan Furmanak furmanak at lvc.edu
Tue Nov 12 12:06:56 EST 1996

At  9:27 AM 11/12/96 -0800, Janet Kaul wrote:

>Can anybody recommend a newsgroup on library automation? I need
>recommendations for a Macintosh system for an elementary school.
>
>thanks.
>
>-Janet Kaul (jmk at synopsys.com)

For overviews and vendor contact info for Macintosh based integrated
library systems, consult issues of Library Technology Reports published by
the American Library Association.

Vol. 32, No. 1 (Jan/Feb 1996) in particular, discusses Graphical User
Interfaces for Microcomputer-based integrated library systems appropriate
for small school libraries offered by vendors such as CASPR, COMPanion,
Follett, ILS, IME, and Winnebago just to name a few.

Stan

Stan Furmanak                            (717) 867-6973 voice
Systems and Reference Librarian          (717) 867-6979 fax
Bishop Library                           furmanak at lvc.edu
Lebanon Valley College                   http://www.lvc.edu/
Annville, Pa 17003