Privacy filter experiences?

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Sat Nov 9 14:57:27 EST 1996

I seem to recall a brief discussion a while ago about screen filters that
prevent off-axis viewing of screen contents. We'd like to use these to give
patrons a little more privacy and to reduce the chances of others,
including staff, from seeing what they don't want to see. (nudge, nudge,
wink, wink, say-no-more...)

I'd like to hear the experiences of any of you who've used these.

Ideally, we'd like to put them on a hinge, so patrons have the choice.

Here's and example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.3m.com/market/omc/catalog/products/p00/p03/p77.html

Mark Ellis
Computer Services Technician            Phone: 604.231.6410
Richmond Public Library                 Email: mark.ellis at rpl.richmond.bc.ca
Richmond, British Columbia