Telnet for the Mac

Rhyno Art arhyno at server.uwindsor.ca
Fri Nov 1 09:39:21 EST 1996

We are setting up a PowerPC for Web access in kiosk mode and are having
difficulty locating a telnet program can be limited to a single connection,
i.e., that only connects to the site identified by the URL and does not
allow an arbitrary host to be specified. If anyone uses a Macintosh for a
public web station we would be very interested in hearing approaches for
handling and constraining telnet sessions in this environment. Some of the
Java implementations of telnet look like they could be customized in this
manner but we are hoping there is a less convoluted solution.

art
---
Art Rhyno, Systems Librarian
Leddy Library, University of Windsor