http://www.hotbot.com

Kris Ecklund vfoao05d at dewey.csun.edu
Sat May 25 19:02:49 EDT 1996

"Hotbot," a search service/engine, is in a public beta version at
	http://www.hotbot.com

(Announcement provided by EDUCOM Edupage listserv of 5/23/96, quoting a
New York Times article of 5/21/96.)

Interesting for the onscreen search "form" matrix (my personal observation)
and implementation of "hive computing" (per the NYT info).  Onscreen
credit is given to Inktomi.  Without hunting up the infamous _WIRED_
article that began with some offhand remarks about librarians and the
Dewey Decimal System, I seem to recall some coverage about the promise of
hive computing in fast retrieval speed.  This is one to watch.

Kris Ecklund, Librarian
California State University, Northridge  91330-8327
kristin.ecklund at csun.edu