Trade Associations

George Jenkins gjenkins at hbs.edu
Wed May 15 15:31:12 EDT 1996

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my inquiry, regarding webs
sites that reference professional and trade associations.  Listed below are
the sites people suggestioned.  I wrote the brief description after surfing
each site.  The ASAE site contains a larger list of associations, but AON
provides better categorization by subject.

On Tue, 14 May 1996, George Jenkins wrote:
> Does anyone have any good URL's or bookmarks to a web site that indexes or
> provides links to trade associations?  I'm looking for something similar to
> the Directory of Associations.

Associations on the Net (AON)
http://www.ipl.org/ref/AON/
Contains over 300 listings with links to Internet sites for professional and
trade associations, categorized by subject.  Available subject categories
include: Arts, Humanities & Culture; Business Administration, Management,
Trade & Promotion; Computers & Internet - Computer Science, Computing
Technology, Internet, Miscellaneous, Programming, User Groups; Entertainment
& Leisure; Health & Medical Science - Diseases and Disorders, Professional
Groups, Support; Industry - Business and Personal Services, Construction,
Finance, Insurance & Real Estate, Manufacturing, Transportation,
Communications and Utilities; Labor & Labor Unions; Law & Politics; Science
& Technology - Earth Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Environment &
Ecology, Life Sciences, Miscellaneous, Physical Sciences; and Social
Science.  Published by the University of Michigan's Internet Public Library.

ASAE Member Associations On-line
http://www.asaenet.org/Gateway/OnlineAssocDir.html
Contains a search engine and an alphabetic listing to over 675 associations
with links to Internet sites.  Includes ASAE member associations with
Internet web sites.  Published by the American Society of Association
Executives.

Once again, thank you.

George

* Research tip: Business Dateline Full Text from              *
*      Baker Library: http://library.hbs.edu/alpha            *
* George Jenkins                 Voice: 617.495.6837          *
* Business Information Analyst   Fax: 617.495.8948            *
* Research Services Dept.        E-mail: GJenkins at hbs.edu     *
* Baker Library                  WWW: http://library.hbs.edu/ *
* Harvard Business School        WWW: http://www.hbs.edu      *