Article: Revenge of the Librarians

Mary-Ellen Mort memort at netcom.com
Wed May 15 13:14:26 EDT 1996

I'd like to call a stimulating--and unusual--article to your attention:

"Revenge of the Librarians" by Peter Morville (a confessed librarian),in the
latest edition of Web Review:

http://www.gnn.com/gnn/wr/96/05/10/webarch/index.html

I quote: "librarians are destined for greatness on the Internet..:"

    The greatness of which I'm speaking relates to the
    development of tools for finding information on the
    Internet. To date, most of the information retrieval tools
    on the Net have been designed by people with a
    computer science background."

A real pick-me-up and food for thought.

Mary-Ellen Mort, JobSmart Project Director
http://jobsmart.org