Web-based external database construction

Jim Hart jhart at h5.avcnet.org
Fri May 10 17:05:23 EDT 1996

On Fri, 10 May 1996 08:08:06 -0400, mccallonm at nicanor.acu.edu wrote:
>We are interested in having a WWW forms-based database that will allow the
>professor to input the "LC Cataloging-in-Publication data" and physical
>location of the material.  The types of materials may include books,
>serials, computer files, or audio-visual.
>
>After the form is submitted, we would like to be able to search it using
>either keyword or forms-based search engines.
>
>Has anyone out there tried to implement a similar policy, or tried to do
>something similar?

I am working on a project that might interest you.  It's Prof. Robert
Allison's Watermark Archive.  I believe the URL is:

http://www.bates.edu/Faculty/wmarchive

I'm at home, so I can't check it.  If you have a UNIX server, you might
also look at mSQL and the WWW interface to it.

Jim Hart <jhart at h5.avcnet.org>
   "Working together, we _can_ make a difference."