Web-based external database construction

Ann Perbohner annp+ at pitt.edu
Fri May 10 15:34:04 EDT 1996

> We are interested in having a WWW forms-based database that will allow the
> professor to input the "LC Cataloging-in-Publication data" and physical
> location of the material.  The types of materials may include books,
> serials, computer files, or audio-visual.
>
> After the form is submitted, we would like to be able to search it using
> either keyword or forms-based search engines.

I wonder if Microsoft FrontPage would work for you.  You could set up a
Web site, create a form for input and FrontPage has its own search engine
included.  Cost is reasonable, approx $150.  FrontPage is still in Beta.
Look at www.microsoft.com for more info.

Ann Perbohner			annp+ at pitt.edu
Programmer/Analyst		(412-648-7729)
207 Hillman Library		fax (412-648-7733)
University of Pittsburgh       "Everything's happening all the time,
Pittsburgh, Pa. 15260           always did, always will" Frank Zappa