GAO Report on LC available on the Web

John Hammer hammerj at ALPHA.NSULA.EDU
Thu May 9 19:04:39 EDT 1996

The hearing was on tape delay broadcast by C-SPAN and I watched a part of it
(a great cure for insomnia).  What I could get out if it was the LCs
present mission was deemed to broad and should be drawn more narrowly to
focus on being a national library, including being a leader in new
technology.  The one thing that concerned me was the discussion about
charging for cataloging.

John C. Hammer                          +
Head of Cataloging                      +            All opinions
Watson Library                          +             expressed
Northwestern State University           +              are mine
Natchitoches, LA  71497                 +            and not those
hammerj at alpha.nsula.edu                 +            of my employer
318/357-4462                            +