Web Directory Structures

Melinda Brown brown at aztec.lib.utk.edu
Sat Mar 30 18:57:05 EST 1996

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, lHassett wrote:

>      When our site goes up, it will be moved to the main
>      University server.  We have just been informed that at that
>      time all of our files will need to be in one directory.

Is it possible that the reason they are requesting you do this is that
they aren't familiar with the tar command which allows a directory and its
subdirectories to be combined into one file, which can then be moved and
then "uncombined"?

- Melinda
Melinda F. Brown				mfbrown at utk.edu
Electronic Services Librarian			(423) 974-3652 (voice)
Hodges Library, UT - Knoxville 	 		(423) 974-2708 (fax)
Knoxville, TN  37996-1000