on the internet nobody knows you're a dog...

Bennett, David BENNETT at rmcnet.robert-morris.edu
Fri Mar 29 09:29:00 EST 1996

>remembers that famous cartoon (i think it was

>maybe in the _new yorker_?) with the dog sitting in front of

>a computer terminal and the caption being "on the internet

>nobody knows you're a dog"???

     I have it on a transparency and also paper.  The author is "P.
Steiner" if that is any help.  Another librarian here says it was the
from the NEW YORKER about Fall of 1993.

     In contrast, I also have a transparency with the caption, "On the
Internet, nobody knows you're a saint."  I can't quite tell if it is
supposed to be Saint Augustine....or heaven or what.

David Bennett  (bennett at rmcnet.robert-morris.edu)

Systems Support & Instruction Librarian

Robert Morris College Library

Narrows Run Road