U.S. source for Hot Dog?

Rod Miller rmiller at wyld.carl.org
Tue Mar 26 23:44:59 EST 1996

On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Karen G. Schneider wrote:

You might try O'Reilly and Assoc. (http://www.ora.com) of Sebastapool, CA.
They are bundling Hot Dog with their Website server software, and offer
the upgrade.  Even if they aren't a "reseller" for HotDog in a shrinkwrap
package, you might suggest it to them.   Who knows maybe they can swing
a deal.

Also, you might check out HTML Write.  The latest version does have
the preference setting to preview an HTML doc via your favorite browser.
Not all the bells and whistles of Hot Dog, but for some they just get
in the way.

Rod Miller
Wyoming State Library
rmiller at wyld.state.wy.us

> Hot darn, Hot dog... the HTML editor, that is.  Where I work, we would like
> to purchase multiple copies of Hot Dog,  for which see
> <http://www.sausage.com>.  However, for reasons I don't want to beat to
> death, we can't send a purchase order to Australia, where Hot Dog hails
> from. In a nutshell, we need a U.S. distributor.
>
> Someone else emailed the company last week with our concerns, no response;
> I emailed them early today.
>
> In lieu of Hot Dog, if you have any other suggestions for Windows-based
> HTML editors similar to Hot Dog (tagging, ability to click on a viewer,
> etc.) send 'em to me at my work email, <schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov>.
> I have to say, though, that after working with Hot Dog for several days I'm
> rather fond of it.   Government folks who have dealt with this issue before
> and have creative suggestions also welcome to pitch in.  I'll summarize to
> the list.

> Karen G. Schneider * kgs at bluehighways.com * http://www.bluehighways.com/
> Cybrarian * Columnist, American Libraries, Internet Law Researcher
> Author, The Internet Access Cookbook (e-mail Neal-Schuman at icm.com)
> These opinions strictly mine and those of Blue Highways

Rod Miller, Wyoming State Library
Cheyenne, Wyoming
rmiller at wyld.carl.org
(307) 777-6258