Remote File Management on MAC

Kevin Broun broun at apple.com
Mon Mar 18 13:29:40 EST 1996

>I currently have a Power MAC running the WebStar http server with
>MACtcp connected to the campus ethernet. (no Appletalk LAN)
>
>Is there a method with this framework to setup remote Internet access to
>my files and software for updating of web pages?

We handle this problem (where there's a TCP/IP net but no AppleTalk) by
running Timbuktu Pro on both the server and on the Macs of whoever will be
updating the server.  It's great for both file transfers and for actually
connecting to and either observing or controlling the desktop of the remote
machine.  Security is via username/password combination.

- Kevin Broun
  Apple Library