Launching Executables out of Netscape

David P Atkins notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Tue Mar 12 14:15:27 EST 1996

Hello all,

Anyone with any experience launching executables out of Netscape?  I've
worked on the Helper Preferences, setting exe/bin's to launch but the
browser still wants to save.

What I was testing is whether or not I can launch an exe off my c:\ drive
out of Netscape (Open Local File).  I figured a personal web page workspace
would be alot more useful if I could use it to launch a few of my pet
app's without toggling back & forth in Windows.

Thanks,
David

David P. Atkins
Electronic Reference Services Librarian
Middleton Library                    email:  notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                     voice:   (504) 388-6823
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-3300                      fax:    (504) 388-6825