what is relationship with State Library?

Carole Leita leita at netcom.com
Mon Mar 11 20:10:48 EST 1996

> Am chasing down the various state libraries.  In California, right here in
> my own home state, there seems to be some sort of special relationship
> between the libraries at UC Berkeley and the State Library in Sacramento?
> Can you explain it?
>
> Larry Whitaker, President, Del Mar Data

The one I know of is the InFoPeople Project. To quote from the lead
paragraph on the Project's home page at: http://library.berkeley.edu:8000/

The InFoPeople Project provides points of public access to the Internet in
public libraries throughout California. It is supported by a Federal
Library Services and Construction Act grant, administered in California by
the California State Library. The project is also supported by the
University of California at Berkeley Library which maintains the
InfoPeople gopher and Web servers.

Please come visit us! It's a great project!

Carole
Carole Leita, leita at netcom.com
Internet/Reference Librarian, 510-644-6100 ext.313
Berkeley Public Library, 2090 Kittredge St., Berkeley CA 94703
and co-webweaver in our spare time (with Gary Parks) of the InFoPeople pages