Netscape problems

Tom Tipsword TOM at wilbur.db.erau.edu
Thu Mar 7 08:32:07 EST 1996

> We have Netscape 1.1 loaded on our library machines, both office
> and student lab PC's.  We have problems with it *continually*
> ceasing to work on all the machines.  It will work fine for a
> few minutes and then it will not connect to any site nor load
> any new page at all.  It will try, but will sit there with stars
> falling for hours if you let it.  Reboot, and it will work fine
> for a few more minutes before this happens again.  Using a graphic
> intensive site (like Disney's - I'm planning a vacation), it
> takes about 10 minutes or so before this happens.
>
> I know Netscape has occasional problems but this seems too regular to
> be a random glich.  Is there something we can do to the cache settings
> or anything else that might help?

Try upgrading Netscape to at least version 1.22.  It's stable and
generally works well.  We've switched to 2.0 here without many
problems.  Lots of enhancements.

TNT

Tom Tipsword
Systems Manager, Hunt Memorial Library      vox:  904-226-6601
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University        fax:  904-226-6368
Daytona Beach, FL 32114

http://amelia.db.erau.edu/~tom/     tom at wilbur.db.erau.edu

"When we renounce learning, we are without trouble."  -- Lao Tzu.