Library Instruction & the Net -- IFLA Call for Papers/Presentations

Martin Kesselman martyk at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 27 15:19:41 EST 1996

The IFLA User Education Round Table is planning two events at this summer's
conference in Beijing, China from August 25 to 31.   Our open session of
papers is entitled Information Literacy: Global Perspectives.  We already
have 3 papers selected for this session but would like to add a fourth
paper on the topic of Network Literacy to the mix.  Our workshop session is
entitled, User Education for Remote Library Users.  We are very interested
in 2-3 additional presentations on this topic such as on ways libraries
provide instructional outreach to remote users and library instructional
programs on the Net itself.

If interested in presenting a paper for either the open session or the
workshop, please send a detailed abstract to:
Martin Kesselman, Secretary, IFLA User Education Round Table
email: martyk at rci.rutgers.edu
fax: +908-445-3208.

Abstracts recieved by May 1st will be considered first.  Thanks!!!

PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF NEW EMAIL ACCOUNT!!!

Martin Kesselman, Special Project Librarian

Rutgers University Library of Science and Medicine      /^^^\
P.O. Box 1029, Bevier Road                                           ( @ @ )
Piscataway, New Jersey 08855                         ---m---U---m---
Tel: 908/445-3850
Fax: 908/445-3208                              "All I can do is hang in there
                                                                   and take
one day at a time!"
Email:  martyk at rci.rutgers.edu